background

Monday, September 21, 2015

Making it Monday, Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe...

Crispy and brown on top...

...rich and creamy inside.

I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen since our company has arrived.  It's kind of fun cooking for someone for whom the old favorites are all new and exciting.  :)

Today I put a ham in the slow cooker, and macaroni & cheese in the oven.  It's a recipe I've been making for...ever I guess.  I know I got the recipe from my mother originally, but I don't know where she got it.

I just make it by 'feel,' so when I wanted to post it I had to look for the actual recipe with measurements.  Wouldn't you know, I couldn't find it.  I had to ask a friend that I had shared it with if she could email it to me.  She said she didn't have it on her computer, but she could take a picture of the recipe and email it to me.  I had to laugh when the photo arrived.
If you look close you can see that she has held on to the original email since 2002!  And I love that she has handwritten in the measurements to double, triple, and even quadruple!  She has five sons who like mac & cheese.  :)

If you don't want to squint at the photo, I put the recipe up here.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. We had Mac N Cheese last night - such lovely comfort food. We always have sliced tomatoes on the top, with the grated cheese on top - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Caroline, the tomatoes sound yummy. I'm wondering if you bake them on top with more cheese on top of that? Sounds like I must try it!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails