background

Monday, August 17, 2015

Q and A...

I've never been good at keeping a journal.  The closest I've come has probably been keeping fairly current on this blog for the past eight years.  But that doesn't stop me from being a complete sucker for the crisp, empty pages of bound journals.


I came across this one a few days ago on Amazon.  Since there were reasonably priced used copies available, I gave in to the urge to order.  It arrived today, and looks brand new without entries or damage of any kind.


It takes away the excuse of "I don't have anything to write about today," by giving writing prompts.  A question a day with space for short answers for five years.  As quick and easy to answer as, "What's your favorite cereal?" (December 23) to a more thought and time requirement of, "How are you?  Write it in a rhyming couplet (two lines of verse that rhyme and have the same rhythm," (October 24).


Today's question asks, "If you had to spend five years in prison, what would you finally have the chance to do?"

I puzzled over what kind of things one would be allowed to do in prison.  I'm pretty sure traveling is out, as is knitting (pointy needles), quilting (scissors), and maybe even reading  (I mean who knows what kind of library might be available).

So I guess my answer today will be, "Writing.  Maybe even in a journal."  :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. If nothing else, these prompts will enable you to get writing and when you are ready to start a new journal, you will be able to just write, whatever, whenever you pick up your pen.
    I make sure that I add as much of the 'bad' stuff to my journal as the 'good' ... this is good therapy !
    Wishing you much success !

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails