background

Monday, April 20, 2015

Cross my heart...


I saw a photo similar to this on Pinterest six weeks ago.  And since Kasey collects crosses, I thought if I could get a photo of the children forming a cross with their fingers, it would be a special keepsake.  I had hoped to have it done by her birthday last week.

Easier said than done.  

First off, it is nigh impossible to catch those five children in one place at the same time.

I finally found them all at home at the same time late one afternoon, but it had been raining for days, and the ground was wet, and the sky was gray and cloudy.  I tried lying flat on a deck chair and had them stand around me.  The height necessary made it uncomfortable for the little ones to hold their arms up while I attempted to get the layout just right.  They were troopers and got it done, but the gray clouds didn't look that great.

Finally yesterday we had a beautiful sunny day.  When we went over for Sunday dinner, Chandler wasn't there, but he was able to come back after a quick phone request.  

This time I was able to lie on the grass, which put their arms at a much better height for telling whose hands were whose.  And that clear blue sky is a brilliant contrast!

I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I've already printed it and delivered a framed copy.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love it, what a nice gift! I missed it on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, I tucked it away pinned on a ‘secret’ board so she wouldn’t see it. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...until after her birthday that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Can just imagine all the fun involved in getting it just right. LOL! The final product looks great though! I'm sure Kasey loves it!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool I'm going to have to remember that

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails