1. I overworked the other day (yeah, I know, hard to believe) and paid for it. But my master bath is really clean...mirrors, sinks, shower, tub, toilet, floors, baseboards, window sills. I consolidated the almost empty shower gel into another open one and placed the last of the giant shampoo container into a smaller bottle. I applied non-slip strips to the shower floor just inside the door, where I always get a flutter after a few near misses when stepping out. And I laundered the bath mats. If anyone comes to visit, I may have to entertain them in there, because goodness knows the rest of the house is a disaster.
2. I had a lunch date with three handsome young men today. They listened to their grandmother rant about the widespread ignorance of flag etiquette. I happen to think that if you are going to fly the national flag, you should know the annual half-staff dates and flag rules...it's as easy as signing up for email alerts for crying out loud. The rant was initiated by the flag inconsistencies we saw between home and the restaurant. (Today is a half-staff day in observance of Pearl Harbor remembrance.)
3. I decided to work on Christmas cards today. Of course, I haven't bought or made any cards yet, and I'm not really feeling like doing a full-blown 'Christmas letter' this year. So I designed a really simple card that I could mostly print out and assemble. Unfortunately I couldn't cut the separate elements in the correct size to save my life and so wasted a lot of paper, the printer ran out of ink, and my self-stick embellishments left their stickum on the packaging and so slid right off of the card. Ugh. Looks like I'll have to make another trip to town to get printer cartridges...and/or store-bought cards.
4. I have another quilting day at the library tomorrow. I haven't gotten the supplies together yet.
5. We've been in this house for four years now, and are still getting mail for former residents. Yesterday we received a notice that the postman tried to deliver a certified letter from the Sheriff's Department for one of them. Ruh-roh.
6. The kitchen is still bare walls. The cabinet installation is scheduled for the 22nd and 23rd. Merry Christmas!
7. Christmas is coming so fast! I still have three hats to knit, presents to wrap, and some still to buy...and, oh yeah, a tree to put up. sigh.