I have some catching up to do with my 52-letters-in-52-weeks goal. And while I have a million things on my to-do list, and at least a thousand areas of chaos in my house right now, I thought I should make some progress on that goal today. That, and the cool front and lower temperatures we got over the weekend made me antsy to use some fall-colored papers.
I started out by putting in a brand new adhesive refill...which turned out to be defective. Aargh. Luckily I had bought a three pack. But still, I was really ticked to have to throw a whole refill away...believe me I tried really hard to get it working before I gave up.
And since the blade on my paper cutter has been pretty dull for awhile now, I thought I'd put a new one of those in too.
Well...they looked like the right ones in the package...old one on the left, new one on the right. Double aargh. Guess I am doomed to having rough-cut edges on this batch of cards.
And lucky me...I got the adhesive working fabulously...right before I dropped a piece sticky-side-down on the floor. Triple aargh. Turns out dust really is a protective layer...I just tucked the dust bunny edges to the underneath side of the circle and attached it to the card. :)
See? Ya'd never know.
I have a new Martha Stewart circle cutter I had to put through its paces.
This one is a flagrant copy of one I saw at The Mango Boys and Me. Simple is beautiful.
You know, if I was smart I would have made multiples of the same card, but I guess I had a lot of creative ideas to work out of my system.
I saved the worst for last. I hesitate to even show this one. The duds keep me humble. :)
Now that I can get these in tomorrow's mail and feel like I've accomplished something, I can get back to work on organizing the office/craft room. I have to accomplish a lot in the next two days...I have to work 8 to 5 again part of this week and next week...and more urgent than that, Carey is due back home. :)