background

Monday, September 15, 2014

Making it Monday...

I have some catching up to do with my 52-letters-in-52-weeks goal.  And while I have a million things on my to-do list, and at least a thousand areas of chaos in my house right now, I thought I should make some progress on that goal today.  That, and the cool front and lower temperatures we got over the weekend made me antsy to use some fall-colored papers.

I started out by putting in a brand new adhesive refill...which turned out to be defective.  Aargh.  Luckily I had bought a three pack.  But still, I was really ticked to have to throw a whole refill away...believe me I tried really hard to get it working before I gave up.

And since the blade on my paper cutter has been pretty dull for awhile now, I thought I'd put a new one of those in too.   

Well...they looked like the right ones in the package...old one on the left, new one on the right.  Double aargh.  Guess I am doomed to having rough-cut edges on this batch of cards. 

And lucky me...I got the adhesive working fabulously...right before I dropped a piece sticky-side-down on the floor.  Triple aargh.  Turns out dust really is a protective layer...I just tucked the dust bunny edges to the underneath side of the circle and attached it to the card.  :) 

See?  Ya'd never know. 

I have a new Martha Stewart circle cutter I had to put through its paces.



This one is a flagrant copy of one I saw at The Mango Boys and Me.  Simple is beautiful. 

 You know, if I was smart I would have made multiples of the same card, but I guess I had a lot of creative ideas to work out of my system.

I saved the worst for last.  I hesitate to even show this one.  The duds keep me humble.  :)

Now that I can get these in tomorrow's mail and feel like I've accomplished something, I can get back to work on organizing the office/craft room.  I have to accomplish a lot in the next two days...I have to work 8 to 5 again part of this week and next week...and more urgent than that, Carey is due back home.  :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have never had any luck with those tape dispensers,I love the cards the designs are fab,I love Autumn colours, I have had a little break from crafting but am getting back into card making ready for Christmas, great post x Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails