background

Sunday, September 21, 2014

For good measure...

Today is the family Sunday dinner at Kasey's, and I am baking.  

My current kitchen is SO hard to work in.  It is pretty large, but the cabinets and their arrangement were decided on by someone who never cooked a meal in their life.  Hopefully we will remedy that someday soon, but until we do, I am always looking for my tools that get stashed in illogical places (my husband is a great helper around the house, but I hate it when he unloads the dishwasher!)

I'm not much of a gadget person.  I would rather have a good knife and cutting board than I would a cabinet full of choppers, shavers, or slicers.  I want the smallest, simplest tool to get the job done...less to wash and less to store.

Over the years, I have tried and discarded measuring cups and measuring spoons that didn't make the grade.  The green one above is my ALL TIME favorite!  It is silicone, and its four sides include a Tablespoon, teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, and 1/4 teaspoon all in one piece!  No searching in the drawer for the right size...I just grab the green one and know I have whichever I may need.

The stainless steel spoon behind it is actually one of my newest set of measuring cups.  The one pictured is a 1/2 cup scoop.  Each of the set fit through the opening of the jars that I keep flour, sugar, etc. in, and they are easy to level.  They also have long handles that allow me to reach deep into the jars.  

The matryoshka dolls are also a set of measuring cups.   They make it a little tricky to find the one you want...you have to keep opening dolls to find one of the smaller sizes you might need...but they are so cute that I keep them out on my kitchen windowsill instead of hidden away in a drawer.  I use the stainless steel scoops more often, but the matryoshkas make me smile.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have the doll measuring cups too! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a set of the "spoon-shaped" stainless steel measuring cups too. They were an awesome gift from my hubby several years back. I use them constantly!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails