background

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Just What I Always Wanted by Nancy Roman

I'm not sure where I came across Nancy Roman's blog, Not Quite Old.  You can find it in my blog list.  I enjoy reading it, she has great humor, and so when I saw that she was publishing her first book a couple of weeks ago, and the Kindle version is very reasonable, I bought it.  I did not set my expectations very high, just because it was a first novel, and sometimes the firsts I have read lately haven't been very good.  So I have been very pleasantly surprised.  I'm about three-quarters of the way through, and I am enjoying it.  I think I will finish it tonight.


A World Elsewhere by Sigrid MacRae

Just minutes ago this book arrived via UPS.  About a week or so ago, I noticed that Goodreads has a giveaway section for new books.  The deadline to enter for this book was just hours away when I entered my name, and within a day or so I received an email that I had won one of the copies.  I will be reading it next, so that I can leave a review on the site.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails