background

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Goodbye Kentucky...

Goodbye new friends.  In the spirit of going out with a bang, our final gathering featured a flaming sushi roll.  It is a good thing I did not discover this delicacy at the beginning of my stay, because it was seriously the most delicious sushi I have ever had, and it would have been an irresistible temptation to indulge...frequently.


Today I completed packing the car...except for a couple of last items that will go in in the morning.  I took the photo in case of a flat, thinking it would all have to come out to get to the spare, and then be fit back in like a puzzle.  But I just remembered that the spare is affixed under the car, accessible from exterior.  The tools are under all the packing, but I think in case of emergency, I would call for assistance.  The weather is supposed to be atrocious tomorrow, and I do NOT want to haul all that stuff out in the rain on a muddy roadside!


And here's my last Kentucky sunset for awhile, going down behind a bank of clouds.  See that forsythia in the foreground?  It is blooming all over the last week or so.  Spring has sprung finally.  (I didn't know what forsythia was until a few days ago.)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I've never ever heard of flaming sushi - where do I find it? It sounds like something I must try at least once.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails