background

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Breeding Ground by Sally Wright

Today I am reading Breeding Ground by Sally Wright.  I think this came up on either BookBub or Amazon as a special deal recently.  It's a novel about the horse business in Kentucky.  The writing has been pretty good, and it's a fun read right now since I'm actually in the setting at the moment.


The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman

I just finished The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman, set in Appalachia during the 1920s.  Really enjoyed it as it has great characters and writing, and the stories ring true as the author is herself a midwife of long standing.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails