background

Monday, December 2, 2013

Just a spoonful of sugar...


So, it's definitely shingles.  Got in to see the doc this morning, and started the antiviral medication, so I'm sincerely hoping that it will kick in and my case will be a light one.  This is the med...one horsepill three times a day.

I snapped the photos to email to my co-worker.  She has a rather severe aversion to large pills, and I wanted her sympathy.  :)  I put in the small binder clip for comparison, because I knew it would be familiar as we use them in the office all the time.  She gagged and promptly deleted the email.

The large size doesn't bother me in the least...another thing that I thank my sweet Aunt Ruth for.  We didn't take much medicine around our house, so when I was visiting her and would see how many pills she had to take (oh how she suffered with arthritis), I was amazed.  I asked her about it one time, and she said it was easier to take them all at the same time then one at a time, and proceeded to show me...pop...gulp...gone.  She made it look so easy that I thought that was the norm, and never blink an eye over just one big one.  Heck, I take five in varying sizes every night...pop...gulp...gone!  :)

My co-worker insists that her throat is too small to do this.  Or maybe that her tonsils are too big.  And that very well could be, I suppose.  I have no tonsils...not due to surgical means, mind you.  I told you, no medicine (or doctors) at our house growing up.  I was once told that if I was sure they hadn't been removed, then they must have ruptured due to severe infection at some point, and healed into the weird little stumpy things that remain.  Yep, that sounds about right.  If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I take 9 pills at a time in varying sizes. The trick is, when you pop them in your mouth, drink your water and look DOWN. The water makes them float to the back of your throat for easier swallowing. If you look UP, they float back up towards your mouth and make them hard to swallow.

    Sorry to hear you have shingles, but hopefully they will be mild and not last long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so sorry and that pill is nothing lol. I was a nurse for 32 years and would always gag on an aspirin mind you!! Then when I got sick with my RSD I had handfuls of meds to take and now I throw in a handful and drink them down with a a gulp or two of water and it is now biggie...........how times change I do hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails