background

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Construction Day 4...

Welcome back.  The construction crew is making great progress!  All of the insulation is in, as is the electrical wiring and the plumbing, and now the drywall is well under way.  It's a nice large space...not much smaller than our first house!

Allow me to show you around.

This is the stair entrance before...

and this is the stair entrance today...


When we reach the top of the stairs, we turn into the entrance of the apartment.  The first room is the living area...shown here before...

...and this is what it looks like today with the walls enclosed.


Going to the far end of the apartment is the bath... before...

...and the bath today has the shower installed.  To the left of the shower I believe there will be open shelving in the oddly shaped opening.


Across from the shower is the vanity area before...

...and the vanity area on Day 4.  The commode will be under the window, so that window will be the very first with window covering!


This photo was taken just as I exited the bath.  This shows the bedroom before...

...and this is the bedroom Day 4.  If I put out my left hand, I can reach the closet in the wall behind me, and just to the right of the doorway that you see ahead, you can sort of see another doorway to the right but still inside the bedroom...it leads to a small room which could be used as another larger closet, a dressing area, a small study, etc.


This photo is taken from the bedroom door facing back into the living area...before...

...and here is the living area Day 4.  The doorway seen straight ahead is the stair entrance/exit.


This is the right side of the living area, and will be the kitchen area.  Like my rather primitive drawings?  It's getting late, and it was the best I could manage in PhotoShop tonight.  It represents from left to right: pantry, cabinets with sink, a small surface and stool for a possible eating area in the dormer window, stove, cabinet, and to the very right is where the refrigerator will be.


 And now we are back at the top of the stairs heading down...before...

...and the top of the stairs on Day 4.  The large opening in the wall seen straight ahead will be storage, and will have doors.


This brings us to the end of today's tour.  So glad you could come.  Please watch your step on the way down...no handrails yet.  :)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wow amaving progress, can't wait for the big reveal x Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space - I can just see a studio up there with all that natural light for art, crafts, sewing....oh the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails