background

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I have reached a jarring conclusion...


This is the first week at my latest attempt at a healthier lifestyle.  I found this idea for salad in a jar on Pinterest.  Supposedly it stays fresh all week.  You put the dressing in the bottom of a wide-mouth quart jar first.  Then you add layers; first the things that won't get soggy while sitting in the dressing (cherry tomatoes, radishes, celery, cucumbers?), then the meat and/or cheese, and last the greens.  Then when you're ready to eat it, just shake it up to distribute the dressing, and pour it into a bowl.  I'll let you know how it works out.

Since going back to working full time, my schedule is really out of whack.  I usually don't get home until 7:30 pm at the earliest, so I either end up grabbing dinner for us out, or throwing something really quick together.  The slow cooker comes in really handy, and the guys have been helping out, but even if I am ready to eat the moment I walk through the door, that still puts it very near bedtime.  Then I don't sleep well.  And all those calories consumed right before a prolonged period of inactivity are probably contributing to my weight gain.  :(

So I'm thinking that I will eat a good lunch, either out or leftovers from home, and then right before I leave work at 6:00, I will eat one of my jars of salad for my dinner.  Being consumed earlier than my arrival home and being fresh fruit and vegetables should be healthier all around.

It seems very logical...I hope it keeps well, and helps my situation.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails