background

Friday, September 7, 2012

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...

1.  Meet Terry the tarantula.  He was lounging on our back porch all day yesterday.  I appreciate his effort to hide one of his 8 legs for my 7 on the 7th post.  I wish I could have put something into the shot to give an indication of his size, but here's a longer view that may give you a better idea.
 
 
 
I don't suffer the same intensity of arachnophobia that I used to pre country living.  That doesn't mean I'm not thankful for telephoto lenses.  :)

2.  I received confirmation of another weird genetic trait this week via a diagnosis of hemochromatosis.  Rack up another one for the Old Egg Syndrome.  I may just have to leave my body to science.

3.  Monday I will be starting my new work schedule.  I am going to be giving the old college try to packing my lunches again, and eating out just one day out of four.  That means I have to put a menu together and do a major grocery shop tomorrow.  Ugh.

4.  Kasey had to be at the office all day yesterday, so I was on grandma duty.  I met the school bus after school and took card-making supplies so  the kidlets could make, write, and send letters to their great-grandmother.  It was really amazing to see how their fine motor skills are improving and how they are really learning and recalling pretty complex stamping techniques.  It makes my heart sing!  I have PLAYMATES!

5.  I am so happy that Autumn is almost here!!!  We are actually expecting our first cool front tonight!  I know it's not the end of our hot weather, but, oh! the promise of Autumn...my FAVORITE season of the year!

6.  I had a coupon for 20% off any one item at Bed, Bath & Beyond, so I made the trek over today.  I found exactly what I was wanting (and have been wanting for a long time).  An OXO salad spinner with stainless steel bowl.  I've also been wanting a microplane for zesting lemons and limes (among other things).  By using the coupon for the spinner, it was like getting the microplane free.  Yea!

7.  I really need to be downsizing my kitchen supplies instead of adding to them.  I find myself spending a lot of time planning a kitchen reno in my head lately.  New floors.  New cabinet color.  New countertops and sink.  A new cabinet with pull-out shelves in the place of the useless kitchen desk built in.  AND completely getting rid of the behemoth island and replacing it with something not quite so huge and a lot more stylish (and even sentimental).
Photobucket

 

2 comments:

  1. You have tarantulas??? (cringes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joolz, this is the first one we've seen here. I remember when we first got married, we lived in this little kind of desert town. We were driving home one night, and there was a weather front blowing through, and in the headlights we could see THOUSANDS of tarantulas running across the road in the dark...the stuff nightmares are made of!!!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails