background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011













We have been having lots of beautiful, fluffy cumulus clouds lately.  I always think of my kids when the skies are like this.

One day, quite a few years ago, Kasey and I were riding in the car.  I said to her, "It's amazing how your children effect every aspect of your life.  I was looking out the kitchen window yesterday, and I thought to myself, the sky looks exactly like the opening credits of The Simpsons."

Kasey, a mother herself by that time, had expected something a little more profound, so her response involved laughter and rolling eyes.

I don't know if she remembers that conversation, but I think of it whenever the clouds fluff up.

Of course they make me think of Jared, since I would never have watched The Simpsons if he hadn't been obsessed with them when he was in high school. (He was forbidden to watch them when he was younger than that).  So these skies always bring to mind the hours and hours of episodes we watched together.

So what better way than this to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails