1. I came across an interesting idea in the blogosphere today...52 letters in 52 weeks...snail mail that is. Sending more snail mail is a perpetual item on my to-do list. I think I will give this one an attempt. Accountability and all that, you know.
2. I am now the proud owner of a Kindle. Since my left hand was injured, it seems to cramp easily...and then there's the beginnings of arthritis pain in both of my thumbs...so I've been thinking for awhile that a Kindle might be easier for me to hold than large heavy books. The lower price had a lot to do with my acting on it now. But what tipped the scale was the text-to-voice capability. I eagerly awaited its arrival to hear how it sounded. I was afraid it would be too automated, but playing with it yesterday I was pleasantly surprised with how good it sounded. I may not have to set aside my current read for my two hours of commuting time each workday. And a Kindle library lending program is in the works. Yea!
...sigh... I do feel a bit traitorous to my beloved paper and ink books.
3. I managed to mark one chore off of my to-do list today...watering house plants. Holy Toledo, Batman. That's it...really? I put the 'PRO' in procrastination.
4. Yesterday Diego came and spent the evening with us. He asked me to show him how to knit. I did, and he gave it a try. He cushioned his lack of interest in continuing the lesson by saying that it was really complicated to remember all the steps, and he complimented me for being really good at it. I think I will smile remembering that for a long time. Those boys are such charmers. :)
5. I know I say this every year, but this year is going by lightning fast! This time last year we weren't even thinking about moving...so many changes since then.
6. I'm having a difficult time with the healthier eating agenda the past week or so. I truly believe they put crack...or at least something equally addictive...in ice cream.
7. Saving the last thought for wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day! Hope it's a good one.