background

Friday, May 13, 2011

Jeepers, creepers...







...take care of my peepers!

I had an appointment this afternoon with the ophthalmologist.  Drove to the city with a list of errands I wanted to run after my appointment.  What was I thinking? 

I got a really thorough exam, which took a little longer than I had allowed for.  I left the office at five o'clock with dilated eyes.  I couldn't even read street signs, not to mention that trying to watch out for rush-hour traffic with the sun at its lowered angle was torturous.

I saw a Sonic and pulled in.  I sat there for about an hour and a half waiting for my eyes and the traffic to clear up a bit.  So nice...covered parking...they brought me iced tea over magic ice whenever I asked...and my Kindle read aloud to me.

From thence I drove home by the most direct route possible...leaving errands for another time as any sane person would have planned to do in the first place.

I'm looking forward to my new glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails