background

Friday, December 31, 2010

I wouldn't have missed it...



Actually, I would have missed it, because I wasn't scheduled to work this week. But my sweet female coworkers have been having some tough breaks this year...as in bones...and surgeries, and such. They've both had both this year. Just this week one had one, and one had the other. So I worked yesterday and today, and had to leave home earlier than I usually do to open the office.

I started out driving in the dark. This morning's drive was a foggy one. At 7:01 a.m. I sensed, rather than saw, that it was less dark. At 7:14 a.m. there seemed to be another almost imperceptible swell. After that the light crept delicately forward. And as I was approaching the edge of town, the sun was burning it's way through the dark and fog as an ember melts through snow.

It was a gift. A finale. It was a fitting way to celebrate this ultimate morning of 2010.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! What a thing of beauty to wake up too1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a triumph when you catch a pretty sunrise or sunset and have your camera handy. Very pretty!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails