background

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Art Race...

I think I've said before that I am SO over the reality tv era. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to find something new and entertaining in that vein to watch tonight on the Ovation channel. Art Race is a series of half hour programs.

Two artists compete. One starts in NY and heads west. The others starts in LA and heads east. Each are allowed only one dollar and a backpack full of art supplies to start. They must rely on their artwork to beg/barter for food, lodging, and transportation. I'm not too clear on the other rules of the race. I think you have to finish within the allotted time (40 days) and raise the most money from your art along the way.

Quite fun to watch. I came in somewhere in the middle of their journeys, so I'll have to look for more episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails