background

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Peanut Butter in my chocolate...



How sweet is this little cutie? I saw the idea at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen awhile back. The Cookbook Queen's are really adorable, but mine turned out passable using what I had on hand. It's meant to be a cupcake topper...get it?...a 'cupcake' cupcake topper.

I just loved the idea, but I'm foregoing the actual cupcakes and using the idea as a tiny bite-sized birthday treat. We are having a bit of a health challenge going on at the office, so this is kind of a fun way of sharing a teeny-weeny little bit of birthday cheer for the boss man's birthday (this week).

In case you couldn't tell, it's made with a mini Reese's peanut butter cup. Pipe on a little icing, a few sprinkles, and a cherry (all I could find were some Runts and not the Mary Englebreit cherry sprinkles that were pictured on Cookbook Queen's).



And today is Jared's birthday. I am SO lucky that he loves an easy-peesy pie better than cake...hence the reason I had the mini Reese's on hand. Here's Jared's finished birthday pie ready to go in the freezer. The recipe is here.



I feel like I accomplished a lot, and hardly spent any time in the kitchen. Nice!

1 comment:

  1. Nom.

    I would LOVE to have my food look that delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails