background

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birthday Pie

Chandler and Bobby are at sleep-away camp. Diego got left behind by age requirement, so his Papa wanted to do something special with him while they were gone. Carey's been wanting to go see a Ranger's game for a long time, so we checked and were happy to find that this weekend was a home game. And happily, it coincided with Jared's birthday, so the three of them made it a guys' celebration weekend. Unfortunately, the Rangers lost, but it was a good game.

They are due back this afternoon, dropping Diego back at home on the way, and I have Jared's favorite frozen pie in the freezer. He likes it better than birthday cake, and I like that it's so much easier than birthday cake! I'm going to include the recipe here, because I know of at least one bloggee who may need it.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 package (4 serving size) JELL-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
1 8oz. container COOL WHIP, thawed
1 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1 packaged chocolate crumb crust

Mix milk and pudding with whisk till well blended. Fold in COOL WHIP, then chopped peanut butter cups. Spoon into crust. Top with a few more chopped peanut butter cups if desired. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours or overnight. Remove from freezer and let stand ten minutes to soften before serving. Store any left over pie in the freezer.

Actually I have two in the freezer. One to cut and enjoy with Jared, and one for him to take home and enjoy later. He always appreciates that second one.

He's half my age this year. We were talking about that a week or so ago, and I told him I remembered how old it seemed to think of yourself as a quarter century old. He said, probably not as old as half a century seems, huh? Ah, my little wisecracker has such a droll sense of humor.


1 comment:

  1. This is a really great pie. Lucky Jared. But what about Papa and Diego?
    kfilk

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails