background

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blessings and Miracles Abound

On Saturday afternoon, March 29, I left the house to run some errands...mail some bills...go by the grocery store... It was a gorgeous afternoon. I was not in a hurry.

The next thing I remember clearly is seeing a stranger kneeling over me and praying for me, and then the ambulance crew working on me. I was not frightened. I don't remember feeling much pain. I knew that God was right there with me, and that I was incredibly blessed. I later learned (and had to be reminded daily for almost a week) that I had somehow lost control of my car and that it had rolled three times.

I have to tell you that I have now been in a trauma center twice...once as a family member of an accident victim, and now as the patient. I have to say that being the patient is a lot easier...of course, maybe it was the drugs. I saw the worry on my families' faces, and I'm so sorry to have put them through it.

Anyway, the staples and stitches are out, the ribs (6-8 broken) are healing, the crushed hand is not too bad except for the nerve pain up my arm at night, the whiplash is a lot better, the bruises are fading, and the fog has cleared out of my noggin. My sweet husband is the best nurse I could possibly ask for, and I'm so thankful he can be home with me right now.

I am so thankful, too, for the people on that road who came to my aid. I hope that I can pass on their bravery and caring if I'm ever in a situation to do so.

Please wear your seatbelts...every doctor I saw told me it's what saved my life...and drive carefully. And even when you do everything right, accidents still happen, so always say 'I love you,' before you walk out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails